Help protect kids from illegal tobacco sales and a lifetime of addiction. Spread the word and take the pledge.
Smokefree.gov can help you or someone you care about quit smoking. Get information and professional assistance to support both immediate and long-term needs as you become a nonsmoker.
You can get assistance in the form of:
- A step-by-step quit smoking guide
- Information about a wide range of topics related to smoking and quitting
- An interactive U.S. map highlighting smoking information in your state
- LiveHelp, National Cancer Institute’s instant messaging service
- National Cancer Institute’s telephone quitline, 1-877-44U-QUIT
- Local and state telephone quitlines, 1-800-QUIT-NOW
- Publications to download, print, or order
Learn more about the benefits of quitting smoking and find tools to help you quit.
Today the FDA released new warning labels that will start to appear on cigarette packaging and advertising in September 2012.
The new labels are the first change in cigarette warnings in more than 25 years.
View all the new labels.