Ninety seven percent of online pharmacies don’t follow U.S. pharmacy laws. If you buy from one of these online pharmacies, you run a high risk of receiving counterfeit or substandard drugs. You also put your personal and financial information at risk.
Beware of an online pharmacy that show these signs of being fake:
- Allows you to buy drugs without a prescription from your doctor
- Offers deep discounts or cheap prices that seem too good to be true
- Sends spam or unsolicited email offering cheap drugs
- Is located outside of the United States
- Is not licensed in the United States
Look for these signs of a safe online pharmacy:
- Always requires a doctor’s prescription
- Provides a physical address and telephone number in the United States
- Offers a pharmacist to answer your questions
- Has a license with your state board of pharmacy. Check to see if it does.
Learn more about buying safely from the Food and Drug Administration’s BeSafeRx campaign.