The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) offers a variety of home loan programs for active duty servicemembers, veterans, and National Guard and Reserve members:
- Purchase Loans help purchase a home at a competitive interest rate often without requiring a downpayment or private mortgage insurance.
- Cash Out Refinance Loans take cash out of your home equity to pay off debt, fund school, or make home improvements.
- Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loans can help you obtain a lower interest rate by refinancing an existing VA loan.
- Native American Direct Loans help eligible Native American veterans finance the purchase, construction, or improvement of homes on Federal Trust Land or reduce the interest rate on a VA loan.
- Adapted Housing Grants help veterans with a permanent and total service-connected disability purchase or build an adapted home or to modify an existing home to account for their disability.
These programs are not one-time benefits - they can be reused.