As the cost of food continues to rise, it can be a challenge to make healthy food choices and stay within your food budget. Here are some tips to help you get the most from your grocery budget:
- Take an inventory of the food you already have in your home. Plan your meals for the week, keeping in mind what you already have in your pantry.
- Eat before going to the grocery store to avoid making impulse purchases. When you are hungry, everything looks good.
- Take advantage of store loyalty savings programs, as well as clipping coupons and online discounts.
- Shop the perimeter of the store for nutrient dense foods. Processed and packaged foods tend to be more expensive.
- Shop for foods that are in season. When the supply is plentiful, the prices tend to be lower.