News From Our Blog

Not sure how you’re going to pay for college? The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has a guide to help you figure it out.

Going to College or Career School? Submit the FAFSA to Get Financial Aid

The federal government provides more than $150 billion in grants, loans, and work-study funds to students each year. In order to get that money, you must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, commonly called the FAFSA.

Completing and submitting the FAFSA is free and easier than ever, and it gives you access to the largest source of financial aid to pay for college or career school.

In addition, many states and colleges use your FAFSA data to determine your eligibility for state and school aid, and some private financial aid providers may use your FAFSA information to determine whether you qualify for their aid.

Submit a free application for federal student aid.

Need more help? These videos might help:

Live Twitter Q&A about Financial Aid with the Dept. of Education Tonight

Have questions about student aid? The U.S. Dept. of Education will answer them. Just ask them on Twitter with the hashtag #AskFAFSA between 5 and 6pm EST tonight.         

FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. It’s the FREE form you fill out to get money for college or career school. Apply online at

If you’re planning for college, learn more about financial aid and find out how the government can help.