Tooth decay affects more children in the United States than any other chronic infectious disease. It can lead to pain and infection that impacts eating, speech, and learning. Fortunately, tooth decay is preventable.
Help your child maintain good dental health:
- Tips for Parents and Caregivers — Get information on snacking, fluoride, prenatal care, and more.
- Quiz on Dental Care for Young Children — Did you know that you should start using toothpaste with fluoride when your child turns 2? Learn more about good dental habits.
- Dental Injuries — Find out what to do if your child injures his/her gums or teeth.
- Dental Sealants — Learn about this option, which involves applying a thin plastic coating to prevent tooth decay.
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) — CHIP, which includes dental care, provides free or low-cost health coverage for children of eligible families.