The Federal Trade Commission released its top 10 complaint categories for 2012.
For the first time ever, the agency received more than two million complaints. Of the two million complaints, 18 percent were related to identity theft. Of those 18 percent, almost half were related to tax or wage fraud.
Here is a complete list of the top 10 complaint categories:
- Identity Theft - 369,132 complaints
- Debt collection - 199,721 complaints
- Banks and Lenders - 132,340 complaints
- Shop-at-Home and Catalog Sales - 115,184 complaints
- Prizes, Sweepstakes and Lotteries - 98,479 complaints
- Impostor Scams - 98,479 complaints
- Internet Services - 81,438 complaints
- Auto-Related Complaints - 78,062 complaints
- Telephone and Mobile Services - 76,783 complaints
- Credit Cards - 51,550 complaints
The FTC uses the Consumer Sentinel Network to record complaints throughout the year. The secure database is available to more than 2,000 civil and criminal law enforcement agencies across the country and helps agencies research cases and track targets.
Learn more about the 2012 complaints from FTC.
What is the American consumer most upset about?
Identity theft. It accounted for 15 percent of the 1.8 million complaints registered with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in 2011.
Here’s the rest of top complaints FTC received in 2011:
- Debt Collection Complaints
- Prizes, Sweepstakes, and Lotteries
- Shop-at-Home and Catalog Sales
- Banks and Lenders
- Internet Services
- Auto-related Complaints
- Impostor Scams
- Telephone and Mobile Services
- Advance-Fee Loans and Credit Protection/Repair
The data comes from complaints entered by Americans into the FTC’s online Complaint Assistant. The FTC shares the complaints with more than 2,000 civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad, allowing them to track trends and target offenders.
Learn more about the FTC’s top complaints for 2011.
Download a PDF about what to do if your identity is stolen.
Asked by Anonymous
consumer griviances against a u.s. bank
|Rank ||Category ||№ of Complaints ||Percentage|
|4||Prizes, Sweepstakes and Lotteries||64,085||5%|
|5||Shop-at-Home and Catalog Sales||60,205||4%|
|8||Foreign Money/Counterfeit Check Scams||43,866||3%|
|9||Telephone and Mobile Services||37,388||3%|
Each year the Federal Trade Commission shares the list of the most common consumer complaints the agency receives.
For the 11th year in a row, identity theft has been the number one complaint.
You can read the full report (PDF) for more details on the complaints.