During the month of October, professional financial planners will provide free advice at special one-off Financial Planning Day events in several cities across the country. Bring whatever financial questions you might have, and invite your friends and family to attend.
This all-volunteer group of planners is partnering with city governments to offer no-strings-attached financial advice without selling their services or handing out business cards. They won’t even be using branded pens and paper from the companies they work for.
You can get personalized advice on a variety of areas – retirement planning, credit and debt, budgeting, investments, taxes, insurance, estate planning and small business finances, among many others. Planners will also present classroom workshops addressing key personal finance topics.
Free packets of financial information will be available, as well. Can’t attend any of the Financial Planning Days events? The publications in those packets are also available online:
- You Can Organize and Simplify Your Financial Life: A How-to Guide
- Saving and Investing: A Roadmap to Your Financial Security
- Smart Saving for College - Better Buy Degrees
- Guide to Disability Income Insurance
- Guide to Long Term Care Insurance
- Savings Fitness
- Consumer Guide to Financial Self-Defense