New Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Opens
A new memorial on the National Mall in Washington, DC that honors Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. is now open to the public.
The Memorial is made up of distinct and significant parts including the Stone of Hope, the Mountain of Despair, and a wall of quotes.
This is the first memorial on the National Mall that is devoted to a person who is not a war hero or President.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.