How to Track Hurricane Irene
Hurricane Irene is gaining strength and getting ready to make landfall along the East Coast. It’s important to be prepared if you live in the path of the hurricane.
You can find the latest forecast from the National Hurricane Center at hurricanes.gov, find the latest evacuation information from your state, and get the latest news and information about the storm from these federal agencies:
Federal Emergency Management Agency
- On Twitter: @ReadydotGov
NOAA/National Hurricane Center
- Tracking Hurricane Irene
- On Twitter: @NHC Atlantic
- On Facebook: www.facebook.com/US.NOAA.NationalHurricaneCenter.gov
- On your mobile phone: National Hurricane Center Mobile Site
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.