Hurricane Irene Heads Toward Florida
Hurricane Irene has moved away from Puerto Rico. It is predicted to pass just north of Hispaniola and reach the Turks and Caicos Islands and the Bahamas on Tuesday.
The storm is expected to gain strength and may threaten Florida and the southeast coast of the United States by the weekend.
If you live near the path of the storm, Ready.gov recommends that you:
- Build an emergency supply kit,
- Make a family emergency plan, and
- Stay informed. Follow hurricane warnings and updates at Hurricanes.gov.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.