Home-Buying Program Offers Houses at a Discount
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is offering single family HUD-owned homes at a 50% discount. Firefighters, law enforcement officers, teachers and others can purchase homes at the discounted rate through the Good Neighbor Next Door Sales Program.
In order to receive the discount, qualified persons must occupy the home as a personal residence for a required 36-month period.
Buyers may use FHA or VA loans, a conventional mortgage or cash to pay for the discounted house, and must use a Real Estate Agent or Broker to purchase the home through HUD.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.