Marine Sergeant Will Receive the Medal of Honor
Congratulations to Sergeant Dakota L. Meyer who will receive the Medal of Honor for his acts of extraordinary heroism in Afghanistan on September 8, 2009.
Over the course of a six hour fire fight, Sgt. Meyer entered the battle zone five separate times to evacuate the wounded, provide essential aid, and save the lives of 13 Marines and 23 Afghan soldiers.
Sgt. Meyer will be the first living Marine to receive the Medal of Honor in 41 years.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.