Social Security Offices Will Close Early
Beginning on August 15, Social Security offices will close 30 minutes early each day. For example, an office that is usually open to the public Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. will now close at 3:30 p.m.
You do not need to visit an office to complete most Social Security services. Apply for benefits, sign up for direct deposit, replace a Medicare card, obtain a proof of income letter, or change your address or telephone number at www.socialsecurity.gov or by calling 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778).
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.