Image description: The recently issued Owney Forever stamp, now available at the Post Office, depicts the stray dog who was the unofficial mascot to the U.S. Railway Mail Service in the late 19th century. For nine years, Owney rode the rails on mail trains from state to state, logging over 140,000 miles during his lifelong journey.
To learn more about Owney and enter your dog in an Owney-lookalike contest, visit the U.S. Postal Museum.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.