Stay Active Outside This Summer
According to statistics, approximately 1/3 of American children are overweight or obese. First Lady Michelle Obama started the Let’s Move campaign to solve the challenge of childhood obesity and encourage healthy and active lifestyles. Let’s Move is not just for children; it rallies children, families, schools, chefs, and entire communities to explore ways to keep children healthy.
“Let’s Move Outside”, offers suggestions about outdoor activities that are perfect for summertime, with links to places to play, bike, swim. You can also find action plans to help you join the effort. Some tips include:
- Keep fresh fruit within a child’s reach
- Move everyday
- Try new fruits and vegetables
- Reduce the number of snacks served each day
- Plan meals for the week and encourage children to help make dinner
- Get active during TV commercial breaks
To stay up to date on the latest ways to keep your family healthy from Let’s Move, sign up for email updates, take the pledge, or attend a Lets Move meet up in your city to connect with others that are committed to the health of America’s children.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.