White House Hosting Live Chat This Afternoon
The White House invites you to participate in a live chat about improving government websites today at 4pm EDT.
There are currently more than 2,000 federal government websites. While many of these provide valuable services and information, the volume of government websites can make make it difficult to find authoritative, official information.
In an effort to reduce wasteful spending, government agencies have restricted the creation of new .gov websites and set a goal to reduce number of existing sites by half over the next year. The government will eliminate sites that are no longer needed.
As a first step to understanding what’s working and what isn’t, the White House wants to get your feedback on the existing government websites.
Here’s how you can participate:
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.