Say hello to Kahr, our newest law enforcement recruit.
BLM Southern Nevada District Office (SNDO) recently welcomed its newest K-9 team — Ryan Parr and his German Shepherd partner Kahr. Born in the Czech Republic 18 months ago, Kahr immigrated to the U.S. and began training at Shallow Creek Kennels in Sharpsville, Pennsylvania.
In October, SNDO’s Law Enforcement Officer/ Field Training Officer Ryan Parr began training with Kahr. Six weeks later, they were certified by the BLM and North American Police Work Dog Association for narcotics (marijuana, cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine and ecstasy) and patrol (tracking, area search, apprehension and handler protection).
Proving that the first week of work doesn’t have to be a time of transition, Kahr made his first drug find on the second day of work.
You can read more about Kahr and his duties at: http://on.doi.gov/1cGsgxC
-Kirsten Cannon, Public Affairs Specialist, BLM-Nevada
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.