Scammers Target Senior Citizens
It’s not your imagination. If you’re a senior who sniffs thievery everywhere, there’s good reason. Seniors are one of scammers’ top targets.
One reason: thieves go where the money is. They know many seniors have nest eggs, paid-off mortgages and pensions.
A scammer may lurk in your financial advisor, a caregiver or the stranger behind an unsolicited phone call, e-mail or computer pop-up window. Learn how to outwit the thieves with these resources:
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.