Mobile Apps for Your Summer Travels
No matter what your travel plans are for the summer, the government has useful mobile apps to help you stay safe and healthy.
If you’re flying in the U.S., the Transportation Security Administration offers My TSA for iPhone and mobile web browsers. This app offers easy access to important information, such as what you can and cannot bring in your carry on, tips for packing, and security check wait times for most domestic airports.
For international travelers, the Department of State has a free iPhone app called Smart Traveler. You can keep up on the latest travel alerts and find maps and U.S. Embassy and consulate locations all over the world.
Local Health Services
No matter what kind of travel you’re planning, it’s important to know how to access local health services. The Health Resources and Services Administration has a Find a Health Center app for iPhones that can provide the location of emergency or non-emergency healthcare centers in your area.
Sun Exposure and Air Quality
To help you stay safe in the summer sun, the Environmental Protection Agency created the UV Index app for Android and Blackberry smartphones, as well as a mobile web version. This app provides information on both UV sun exposure and air quality for your current location.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.