Be Prepared for Your Beach Trip
If you’re going to the beach this summer, use these resources to help you plan ahead:
- Beach Safety — Learn about rip currents and other beach dangers to be aware of.
- Sun Protection — Use sunscreen, clothing, and sunglasses to protect your skin from the dangerous and aging effects of UV radiation.
- Coastal Water Temperatures — Find out how warm (or cold) the water will be in the area you’ll be visiting.
- Weather Forecast — Check the forecast as it may affect your beach plans.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.