How to Temporarily Stop Receiving Mail
Whether you go on vacation or an unexpected business trip, you can have your mail held for you at your local post office. Upon request, the post office will stop delivering your mail for three to 30 days. You specify when to stop and start delivery. You can make this request up to 30 days in advance.
To have your post office hold your mail, you can:
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.