Help Your Kids Find Santa This Christmas
In 1958, an advertisement accidently printed NORAD’s (North American Aerospace Defense Command) phone number as “Santa’s phone number” and the command station started receiving phone calls from excited children looking to speak to Santa. The men on duty that night took it upon themselves to make the childrens’ Christmas wishes come true and played along, listening to what the children who called in wanted that year for Christmas. Fifty-five years later and NORAD is still carrying on the job of helping children locate Santa.
Children can call the “NORAD Tracks Santa” call center at 877-446-6723. Volunteers are on hand to answer calls on Christmas Eve through early Christmas morning, and responses are available in eight languages.
The NORAD program has continued to grow each year and now consists of an interactive website for kids, an app you can download to your mobile device or tablet, and many other social media features.
Learn more about the NORAD program and have your kids track Santa this year!
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.