Image description: First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy and her children Caroline Kennedy and John F. Kennedy Jr. leave the funeral of President John F. Kennedy.
Today marks the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President Kennedy. You can view a timeline of the events that transpired in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963.
You can also find the records — including photos, videos and audio recordings — of that day from the National Archives.
Photo credit Abbie Rowe. White House Photographs. John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum, Boston.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.