Diet Supplement Recalled After Being Linked to Liver Failure and Death
OxyElite Pro, a diet supplement marketed for weight loss and muscle growth, was recalled after being linked to acute liver failure and cases of hepatitis. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reports that the supplement caused one death and several patients required liver transplants.
The FDA is advising people to immediately stop using OxyElite Pro and another supplement, VERSA-1, which are both manufactured by the same company. VERSA-1 has also been linked to health problems.
If you experience problems after taking OxyElite Pro or VERSA-1, report them online or call 1-800-332-1088 and request a complaint form.
The company that makes OxyElite Pro will destroy the remaining supply of supplements under supervision from the FDA.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.