Are You Eligible for Mortgage Help?
Through the Making Home Affordable program you might be able to get help if you’re facing foreclosure, struggling with your mortgage payment, or trying to avoid mortgage troubles.
With Making Home Affordable modifications, you might be able to lower your mortgage payment by more than $500 each month. You might also be able to refinance your mortgage to make it more affordable or get help if you owe more than your home is worth. There are also programs to assist unemployed homeowners and those with second mortgages.
Find out if you’re eligible for Making Home Affordable assistance.
You can also call 888-995-HOPE (TTY 877-304-9709) to speak with a HUD-approved housing counselor for free. A counselor can help you understand your options and design a plan to suit your individual situation.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.