New Fuel Economy Labels for Fuel Efficient Cars
If you’re in the market for a new car, then you may be familiar with fuel economy labels. These labels list the gas mileage estimates for city and highway driving.
Starting with 2013 model year vehicles, you will be able to easily see how much you will save on gasoline with a more efficient vehicle, such as a hybrid, electric, or alternative fuel vehicle. The labels will show the traditional miles per gallon estimate and will also tell you the average annual fuel cost and how much you would save by buying a fuel efficient car.
The new labels also feature a Quick Response (QR) code that allows you to comparison shop using a smart phone. You can scan the QR code with your phone to store that vehicle’s information, compare it to other vehicles, and access Fueleconomy.gov for more detailed estimates based off current gas prices and electricity rates in your area.
These new additions to the fuel economy label will help you understand the long-term cost in addition to the sticker price.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.