Watch Out for Scams Targeting Military Members or Veterans
There are a number of scams currently circulating that target members of the military and veterans, such as fake military charities, identity theft targeting active service members, and veteran pension scams.
In general, all of these scams try to take advantage of military members by offering to provide a service and then taking your money, while you get nothing in return.
You can learn more about specific scams by visiting the Scams Targeting Service Members or Veterans section of StopFraud.gov.
If you’ve been the victim of a scam, there are a few ways to file a complaint:
- File a complaint online with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) or call them at 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357) or 1-202-326-2222.
- File a complaint about Internet-related fraud issues with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.