Do You Know Your Cholesterol Levels?
September is National Cholesterol Education Month, a good time to get your cholesterol checked and learn about the importance of keeping your cholesterol at healthy levels.
Having high cholesterol puts you at risk of developing heart disease, the leading cause of death in the United States. Get information about risk factors, LDL and HDL, medications, and steps you can take to lower your cholesterol:
- Risk Factors for High Cholesterol
- The Difference Between “Bad” and “Good” Cholesterol
- Cholesterol Medicines — Types, Warnings, Side Effects
- What You Can Do to Lower Your Cholesterol
All plans in the new Health Insurance Marketplace include cholesterol screening as a free preventive service for adults of certain ages and high risk individuals. Enrollment in the Health Insurance Marketplace begins October 1, 2013 for coverage starting January 1, 2014.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.