Is Your Child in the Right Car Seat?
Help to keep your child safe in the car by choosing the right car seat and installing it properly.
Visit SaferCar.gov to find out which type of restraint is appropriate for your child, based on his/her age and size (rear-facing car seat, forward-facing car seat, booster seat, or seatbelt). You’ll also find tips on installing car seats and positioning the harness on your child.
Once you’ve installed the car seat or booster seat, go to an inspection station near you to ensure that it’s properly installed.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.