MyPlate Replaces Food Pyramid
Yesterday the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) replaced the food pyramid with MyPlate.
MyPlate is a visual reminder to make half of your plate fruits and vegetables. It also shows the other food groups that make a well-balanced meal: whole grains, lean proteins, and low fat dairy. MyPlate is based on the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
Share what’s on your plate by taking a photo of your next meal. Then post it on Twitter using the hashtag #MyPlate.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.