Winging It Is Not an Emergency Plan
Emergencies can occur with no warning. Do you have a supplies kit and a plan of action?
September is National Preparedness Month. Visit Ready.gov for guidance on what to before, during, and after different kinds of natural disasters and other emergencies.
Another action you can take is to join the National Preparedness Community. It’s free and open to all. As a member, you’ll have access to special preparedness resources and can collaborate with others in your community.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.