Image description: This 1968 EX-1A Apollo Applications Project spacesuit is part of the “Suited for Space” traveling exhibit which explores the design and innovation inside a spacesuit.
The exhibit is on a 13 city tour across the U.S. until 2015. Find out if the exhibit is coming to a city near you.
Photos by Mark Avino, Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum and Ron Cunningham.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.