Help Simplify Mortgage Forms
When you apply for a mortgage you usually receive two separate forms with information about the loan.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) wants to make the mortgage process easier to understand by creating one form with all of the information about your mortgage.
The CFPB has two draft forms — you can vote on which one you think is the best and then provide your comments on the form.
The deadline to vote is Friday.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.