Image description: The National Zoo welcomed two baby Sumatran tiger cubs on Monday! These tigers are critically endangered in the wild, so the births are a step toward conservation efforts.
The Zoo is giving Mom and babies time to bond, and they most likely won’t be on exhibit at the Zoo until the late fall. In the meantime, you can watch them grow on the Zoo’s tiger cub cams.
Read all about the cubs and the births.
Photo from the National Zoo.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.