Summer Fun on a Budget
Summer is almost here—and you probably have a list of things you want to do and places you want to see. These tips will help you save money while having fun.
- If you plan to take a summer road trip, make sure to check the cheapest gas prices while traveling.
- Visit one of the 394 parks in the National Park System, like the Grand Canyon or Yosemite. National parks are an economical way to explore since most are free. On June 21, 2011, all of the parks offer free admission.
- Find local events to save money. Search USA.gov for your city name and “summer” to find community events and programs in your area.
Get more tips on making travel easy this summer.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.