Bike To Work Day on Friday
Friday is Bike To Work day and events are being held around the country to encourage bicycle commuting. Riding your bike to work is a great way to save money on transportation costs and improve your health.
Here are ways you can get involved from the Environmental Protection Agency:
- Pick 5 for the Environment! Biking to work is one of those simple steps you can do to make a difference where you live. When you Pick 5, just select “human powered modes of transportation” under the Air category.
- Submit photos! If you take pictures biking to work, submit a few to the State of the Environment photo project!
- Share your thoughts! Check out the Greenversations blog post “Bike to Work Day — Who’s In?” about biking to work, and tell us about your ride to to the office or wherever you go.
- Learn more! Find more ideas you can use on the road to cut greenhouse gas emissions, reduce the nation’s dependence on oil, and save money.
Find more about bike safety and Bike To Work Day events happening in your area.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.