Asked by an anonymous Tumblr user.
We’re sorry for your loss and extend our sincere thanks for your ex-husband’s service.
The Veterans Benefits Administration at the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) handles benefits for spouses, children, and parents of servicemembers and veterans who are deceased or disabled by a service-connected disability.
You may be eligible for the following benefits:
- Survivors’ Pension (sometimes called the Death Pension)
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation
- Parents’ Dependency and Indemnity Compensation
- Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program
- Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (PDF)
- Home loans
If you have questions about VA benefits for dependents and survivors, call 1-800-827-1000 or send them an e-mail.