Flat Stanley and Stella Arrive at EPA!
By Jeanethe Falvey and Jessica Orquina, EPA’s Office of External Affairs and Environmental Education
Hey, parents and teachers! Flat Stanley and Stella have joined EPA to teach children about the environment and how we can all help protect it. Now your children or students can follow their adventures by reading our new blog, Stanley and Stella Explore the Environment. This blog will feature monthly stories written to help build reading and science skills for elementary age readers. Each story will be posted at first, second, and third grade reading levels.
Here’s how you can participate:
Share these adventures and activities with your classroom or family.
Help kids do the suggested activities at the end of each story and include the characters in their own adventures.
Share photos of the characters on the official Flat Stanley website or apps! Follow the stories and activities on Stanley and Stella Explore the Environment in your classroom, after-school program, or at home.
Start today by reading about Flat Stanley and Stella’s first EPA adventure with the National Park Service, where they travel to Yellowstone to look for the environment!
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.