VA Home Loans Can Help Servicemembers and Veterans Purchase, Refinance, or Adapt a Home
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) offers a variety of home loan programs for active duty servicemembers, veterans, and National Guard and Reserve members:
- Purchase Loans help purchase a home at a competitive interest rate often without requiring a downpayment or private mortgage insurance.
- Cash Out Refinance Loans take cash out of your home equity to pay off debt, fund school, or make home improvements.
- Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loans can help you obtain a lower interest rate by refinancing an existing VA loan.
- Native American Direct Loans help eligible Native American veterans finance the purchase, construction, or improvement of homes on Federal Trust Land or reduce the interest rate on a VA loan.
- Adapted Housing Grants help veterans with a permanent and total service-connected disability purchase or build an adapted home or to modify an existing home to account for their disability.
These programs are not one-time benefits - they can be reused.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.