2010’s Most Popular Baby Names
Having trouble picking a name for your baby? How about Jacob, Isabella, Ethan, or Sophia? These are the most popular names for babies born in the United States in 2010. The Social Security Administration tracks the most popular names for boys and girls each year.
Some names that didn’t make the 2010 top ten lists, but are rising fast include Maci, Bentley, Kellan, and Knox. The sad news for Elvis fans is that Elvis slipped out of the top 1,000 for the first time since 1954.
Use the Social Security Administration’s interactive tools to find out how popular your name was this year and what the most popular names were the year you were born.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.