Oklahoma Tornadoes - Disaster Assistance and How You Can Help
For Disaster Victims
The following resources are available to people who were impacted by the Oklahoma tornadoes:
- Apply for disaster assistance at disasterassistance.gov or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362).
- Find an open shelter if you need a place to stay.
- Let friends and family know you’re safe by registering at the Safe and Well Registry.
- Talk to a counselor by calling the Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990. It’s free and confidential.
How to Help Disaster Victims
If you want to help the disaster victims, the State of Oklahoma has donation information available at OKStrong.
Prepare for Tornadoes
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.