Image description: Bozie is an artistically talented Asian elephant who will make her home at the Smithsonian National Zoo starting later this summer. The 37-year-old female elephant is shown here with one of her many paintings.
Bozie’s artwork has been auctioned off in the past to raise money for tsunami relief in Sri Lanka — her birthplace.
Bozie comes to the National Zoo on loan from the Baton Rouge Zoo. National Zoo officials say Bozie will arrive in time for summer.
Photo from the Smithsonian National Zoo.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.