Image description: Do you know there are some places so cold on Earth where water is frozen solid? This includes frozen parts of the ocean, such as waters surrounding Antarctica and the Arctic composing part of the cryosphere. The cryosphere is the part of the Earth’s surface that is frozen for some part of the year. Learn more about the cryosphere.
Photo from the National Oceanic and Atmosphereic Administration’s Satellite and Information Service
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.