Dispose of Prescription Drugs on April 27
Saturday, April 27 is National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day. The event runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
If you have unwanted prescription drugs or over-the-counter medicines, this is a great opportunity to safely discard them.
Enter your ZIP code to find a collection site near you.
Properly disposing of medicines is important to human health and environmental protection.
- Don’t flush medicines down the toilet or drain. Doing so could affect drinking water sources.
- Don’t throw medicines directly in the trash. Doing so could lead to the poisoning of a child or pet, or drug abuse by a teen or adult.
- Do find out how to properly dispose of medicines (PDF).
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.