Celebrate National Park Week
April 20th - 28th celebrates National Park Week across the United States when the National Park Service (NPS), in partnership with the National Park Foundation, honors our nation’s heritage. There is free admission to all national parks from Monday, April 22nd through Friday, April 26th.
With 401 National Parks across the country, many of these sites include battlefields, historic homes, and seashores. You can plan your own visit or look at the events calendar to see special programs offered throughout the week at national parks near you.
National Junior Ranger Day will be held on April 20th, which invites young visitors to “explore, learn and protect” our national parks, and includes being sworn in as a Junior Ranger.
For adults, April 27th is Volunteer Day, where you can help on a variety of national park projects across the nation.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.