Image description: this animated gif shows the annual cycle of severe weather threats based on data gathered by the National Weather Services from 1985 to 1989. Each of its 52 frames shows the probability of a severe storm occurring within 25 miles of any point for that week. More info about this image and the data used to create it.
It’s tornado season. Tornadoes are nature’s most violent storms and they can be deadly. Learn how to prepare for tornadoes and what to do when one strikes at ready.gov/tornadoes.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.