Asked by Joshua on Facebook.
According to NASA, no branch of the United States government is currently involved with or responsible for investigations into the possibility of intelligent alien life on other planets.NASA has been investigating the possibility that the planet Mars was once the home to very simple life, such as microbes. The SETI project, which searches for evidence of transmissions from intelligent life in outer space, was a part of NASA until 1993 but is now private.
NASA’s Kepler mission is looking for planets that are similar to Earth, which would mean that they could possibly support life.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.