Asked by an anonymous Tumblr user.
The Social Security Administration Death Master File is a record of deaths reported to the Administration.
The Death Master File is not available online from the Social Security Administration. You can purchase it from the National Technical Information Service.
Other websites offer the Death Master File, but these are not endorsed by the Social Security Administration. The Social Security Administration cannot confirm if these websites are either accurate or current.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.