Image description: Streams are critical for clean drinking water.
In the continental U.S., more than 357,000 miles of streams provide water for public drinking water systems. Approximately 117 million people – over one-third of the total U.S. population – get some or all of their drinking water from public systems that rely in part on these streams.
Photo by Eric Vance, Environmental Protection Agency
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.